Are you feeling overwhelmed by life? By being a mom?
You’re not alone.
I think we all feel overwhelmed at times, especially as parents, and that’s why I try to live as simple as possible. Because living a simple life can bring you peace, clarity, and happiness.
But what exactly does it mean to live a simple life, and how can you get started?
In this post, I’ve shared some practical tips on how to live a simple life and be happy.
I hope it will help you, just like it did for me ❤️
This post contains referral links for products I love. Danish Mom earns a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my links. Thank you for your support ♡
How to live a simple life and be happy
Table of Contents
Declutter your home
Our homes should be a place of peace and relaxation, so if it’s cluttered, it’s only natural to feel stressed and anxious.
To simplify your life, start by decluttering your home. Get rid of things you no longer need or use. Donate or sell items that are still in good condition, and keep only the essentials and items that bring you joy.
One of the things that help me most is organising. I use baskets, shelves, and cabinets to keep my things in order.
Try to have a place for everything, and make sure to put things back where they belong after using them.
Organising your time
Time is precious, so it’s important to use it wisely.
To simplify your life, organise your time effectively by making a schedule or to-do list to help you stay on track. It helps to prioritise your tasks and focus on the most important ones first.
Learn to say no to things that don’t align with your priorities or goals. This will help you avoid overcommitting and feeling overwhelmed.
Most importantly, remember to take breaks and allow yourself time to rest and recharge.
Reduce your expenses
Money can be a major source of stress in our lives.
So to simplify your life, reduce your expenses and live within your means. Start by tracking your spending and identifying areas where you can cut back. This could include eating out less, cancelling subscriptions you don’t use, or buying second-hand items instead of new ones.
Remember that living frugally doesn’t mean sacrificing your happiness. It’s about finding a balance between your needs and wants.
How to be happy
Living a simple life is not just about having fewer possessions or reducing your workload. It’s also about finding joy and happiness in the everyday moments.
Gratitude is a powerful tool for cultivating happiness. When you focus on what you have instead of what you lack, you’ll feel more content and satisfied with your life. Here are some ways to practice gratitude:
- Write down three things you’re grateful for each day.
- Take a moment each day to think about the good things in your life.
- Express gratitude to others by thanking them for their kindness or help.
Spend time with people you love
One of the things that make us most happy is being with people we love.
When you have people in your life who support and care for you, you’ll feel happier and more fulfilled, it’s that simple. Here are some ways to nurture your relationships:
- Make time for your loved ones and prioritise spending quality time together.
- Show interest in what others have to say and listen.
- Be kind and supportive, and offer help when needed.
How to live a simple life and be happy
Find your purpose
Having a sense of purpose can be really helpful in improving your mood and overall well-being.
Maybe it’s pursuing a hobby, volunteering, or learning something new. Whatever it is, try to focus on the things that make you feel good and give you a sense of purpose.
In Japanese culture, there’s a philosophy called ikigai that emphasises the importance of finding your reason for living.
It’s all about identifying the things that bring you joy, what you’re good at, what the world needs, and what you can do to make a living. By discovering your ikigai, you can find your purpose and live a more meaningful life.
Remember, finding your purpose is a journey, not a destination. It takes time and effort, but it’s worth it in the end.
- Think about your values and what’s important to you, and try to align your life with those values.
- Set meaningful goals and work towards achieving them.
- Find ways to contribute to your community or make a positive impact on the world.
Living a simple life is not just about decluttering your physical space or simplifying your daily routine. It’s also about taking care of yourself, both physically and mentally. Prioritising self-care is an essential part of living a happy and fulfilling life.
Here are some tips to help you establish healthy habits, manage stress, and embrace mindfulness.
Establishing healthy habits
Healthy habits are essential to feel good physically and mentally. Here are some tips to help you establish healthy habits:
- Eat a well-balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein.
- Get regular exercise, whether it’s going for a walk, jogging, or taking a fitness class.
- Get enough sleep. Most adults need between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Avoid smoking and limit your alcohol intake.
Stress is a part of life, but it can be managed.
Try to find out what stresses you. Is it related to work, family, or something else? Once you know where it’s coming from, you can start to work on ways to manage it.
I’ve always found great help in deep breathing, meditation, and yoga. These can help calm your mind and body and reduce your overall stress levels.
It’s also important to make time for the things you love, like reading, listening to music, or spending time with friends and family. Don’t feel guilty about taking time for yourself – it’s important for your well-being.
Another helpful tip is to learn to say no. It can be hard to turn down others, but you HAVE to prioritise your own needs and say no to things that don’t align with your values or that you don’t have time for.
Mindfulness is the main thing that keeps me balanced and happy.
Mindfulness is the practice of being present in the moment and fully engaged in what you’re doing. It can help you reduce stress and increase happiness. Here are some tips to help you embrace mindfulness:
- Take a few minutes each day to sit quietly and focus on your breath.
- Pay attention to your surroundings and try to be fully present in the moment.
- Practice gratitude and focus on the good things in your life.
- Do one thing at a time and avoid multitasking.
- Take breaks throughout the day to recharge and refocus.
What is a simple happy life?
Here are some quick tips to help you feel better when you’re feeling low:
– Change your mindset and focus on positive thoughts.
– Get some exercise, even a short walk or stretching can make a difference.
– Develop healthy habits like eating well and getting enough sleep.
– Try meditation and yoga to reduce stress.
– Find joy in things and activities that make you happy.
– Consider seeking professional help if you’re struggling.
Remember, small steps can make a big difference in how you feel. Keep moving forward and don’t give up hope for recovery.
How can I be happy with simplicity?
Living a simpler life involves questioning your dependence on material possessions and recognising the difference between things you need and things you want.
It’s important to think for yourself and rethink your commitments. Creating more free time and savouring the simple pleasures can help you focus on the present moment.
Giving up some control can also be beneficial in simplifying your life.
What are five keys to a happy life?
1. Positive emotions: Focus on positive emotions while acknowledging the negative events that occur in life.
2. Engagement: Participate in activities that require your energy, creativity, and commitment.
3. Relationships: Build strong relationships with family, friends, and others in your community.
4. Meaning: Find meaning in your life by pursuing activities that align with your values and beliefs.
5. Achievement: Set goals and work towards achieving them to experience a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment.
How can I be happy when I’m not?
If you’re feeling unhappy, there are several things you can do to improve your mood. Here are five tips to help you:
– Use social media mindfully and avoid comparing yourself to others (if you do, unfollow those people).
– Practice gratitude by showing appreciation for what you have and sharing it with others.
– Continue learning and growing through education and new experiences.
– Simplify your life and stay organized to reduce stress and increase efficiency.
– Consciously choose to be happy by focusing on positive thoughts and actions.
Remember, life is a marathon, not a sprint. Take small steps each day to improve your well-being and find happiness.